We Negotiate Venice PI Torrent Settlements in Chicago
Venice PI, LLC, the owner of the rights to the film "Once Upon a Time in Venice", filed four copyright infringement cases against Chicago residents in September of 2017. The Court gave them permission to subpoena the names and addresses of the defendants, and the Internet Service Providers are sending notification letters to subscribers warning them that their identities are being sought by the plaintiff. If you receive a notification from your internet provider, you can call any time and have a free telephone consultation with Attorney Erin Russell at 312-994-2424. Erin handles BitTorrent and copyright infringement cases nationwide and charges the same reasonable flat rate in every state.
People tend to get really worried and afraid when they receive one of these letters. Some of them make the mistake of ignoring it. Don't ignore the letter. Getting sued for copyright infringement is to be taken seriously, but it is rarely cause for great alarm. There are a few things you should know before you read any further:
1. This is a manageable problem. You can handle this! The only mistake you could make would be to ignore the letter you received from your Internet Service Provider. If you want to settle, Erin can help you do that She can explain your exposure and your options, based on her years of experience representing thousands of people in this type of case. If you're sure you didn't do it, Erin can explain to you your options for proving it and litigating your case. Either way, you're in charge of your defense and you make all the decisions. You can make better decisions if you have the help of an experienced attorney like Erin. She wrote a general explanation about how these cases work here on the website for you to review if you wish before you call for your free consultation.
2. You have very good options either way, and you can choose what happens next in your case.
3. Getting sued for copyright infringement of a single film by a copyright troll is not going to ruin you financially. It's just something you have to be diligent about taking care of so you can get the best possible result.
4. If you act sooner rather than later when you receive a letter from your internet provider, you can avoid having your name disclosed to the plaintiff and can avoid having your name made public on the court's docket in the case. Your case can be worked out without it affecting your credit or involving having your name appear in the court's public records.
5. Attorney Erin Russell has handled more than two thousand BitTorrent defense cases involving a single film being downloaded. Some of those cases were settled, and some were dismissed outright when she successfully proved the subscriber's innocence. Erin has won these cases in court and has negotiated fair settlements for thousands of subscribers nationwide.
6. Everything will be ok! Tend to this problem promptly and it will be out of your way quickly and quietly.
Having said all of that, if you received a letter from your Internet Service Provider regarding one of the "Venice" lawsuits, Erin can help. Erin has 13 years of litigation experience, and is one of the most experienced BitTorrent defense attorneys in the country. A consultation with Erin is always free.
Erin charges a reasonable flat fee for all BitTorrent defense cases nationwide, and offers discounts to full-time students, senior citizens and members of the military. Call 312-994-2424 and get a free consultation right away if you received a Comcast subpoena letter. Erin will give you all of the information you need about the litigation and about your exposure so you can make a decision about whether to settle or to litigate, and how best to use your resources to take care of your case.
The following cases were filed in Chicago by Venice in September of 2017:
VENICE PI, LLC, v. Does 1-20 -- 1:17-cv-06412
VENICE PI, LLC, v. Does 1-20 -- 1:17-cv-06414
VENICE PI, LLC, v. Does 1-23 -- 1:17-cv-06418
VENICE PI, LLC, v. Does 1-20 -- 1:17-cv-06420
VENICE PI, LLC, v. Does 1-20 -- 1:17-cv-06422