Cook Productions, LLC, the owner of the rights to the Eddie Murphy film "Mr. Church", filed nine copyright infringement lawsuits against hundreds of Chicago area residents in the Northern District of Illinois in December of 2016. The Court will give them permission to subpoena the names and addresses of the defendants, and the Internet Service Providers will send notification letters to subscribers warning them that their identities are being sought by the plaintiff. If you got a letter from your cable company about a subpoena, that is the first step of the process in these lawsuits.
If you receive a notification from your internet provider about a Cook Productions lawsuit, you can call any time and have a free telephone consultation with Attorney Erin Russell at 312-994-2424. Erin charges a reasonable flat fee for all BitTorrent defense cases nationwide, and offers discounts to students, senior citizens and members of the military. She is one of the most experienced BitTorrent subpoena defense attorneys in the country and handles all of her cases personally. Erin can help you to decide whether settlement or litigation is in your best interest.
People tend to get really worried and afraid when they receive one of these letters. Some of them make the mistake of ignoring it. Don't do that. Getting sued for copyright infringement is to be taken seriously, but it is rarely cause for great alarm. There are a few things you should know before you read any further:
1. This is a manageable problem. The only mistake you could make would be to ignore the letter you received from your Internet Service Provider. If you think you need to settle, Erin can help you do that and explain your exposure and your options. She has a lot of experience helping defendants negotiate settlements. If you're sure you didn't do it, Erin can explain to you your options for proving it and litigating your case. She has a lot of experience doing that as well.
2. You have very good options either way, and you can choose what happens next in your case.
3. Getting sued for copyright infringement of a single film doesn't have to to ruin you financially. It's just something you have to be diligent about taking care of so you can get the best possible result and resolve your case in the way that makes the best use of your financial resources.
4. If you act sooner rather than later when you receive a letter from your internet provider, you can avoid having your name disclosed to Cook Productions and can avoid having your name made public on the court's docket. This way, your case can be worked out without it affecting your credit or involving public records.
5. Attorney Erin Russell has handled more than a thousand BitTorrent defense cases involving a single film being downloaded. Some of those cases were settled, and some were dismissed outright when we successfully proved the subscriber's innocence. Erin has won these cases in court and has negotiated fair settlements for many subscribers.
6. Everything will be ok! Tend to this problem promptly and it will be out of your way quickly and quietly.
If you received a letter from your Internet Service Provider regarding one of the Cook Productions lawsuits, Erin can help. Erin has 13 years of litigation experience, and is one of the most experienced BitTorrent defense attorneys in the country. A consultation with Erin is always free.
Call 312-994-2424 and get a free consultation right away. Erin will give you all of the information you need about the litigation and about your exposure so you can make a decision about whether to settle or to litigate, and how best to use your resources to take care of your case.
The new Chicago Cook Productions cases are as follows:
Cook Productions, LLC v. Does 1-29 -- 1:16-cv-11337
Cook Productions, LLC v. Does 1-24 -- 1:16-cv-11338
Cook Productions, LLC v. Does 1-23 -- 1:16-cv-11339
Cook Productions, LLC v. Does 1-25 -- 1:16-cv-11340
Cook Productions, LLC v. Does 1-18 -- 1:16-cv-11341
Cook Productions, LLC v. Does 1-21 -- 1:16-cv-11344
Cook Productions, LLC v. Does 1-15 -- 1:16-cv-11345
Cook Productions, LLC v. Does 1-14 -- 1:16-cv-11347
Cook Productions, LLC v. Does 1-13 -- 1:16-cv-11350