Hundreds of Chicago Comcast Subscribers Targeted by LHF Productions in September Filings
In September of 2016, the owner of the rights to the film "London Has Fallen" added to their burgeoning roster of cases by filing copyright infringement lawsuits against hundreds of Chicago-area residents. The Court gave them permission to subpoena the names and addresses of the defendants, and the cable company is now sending notification letters to subscribers warning them that their identities are being sought by the plaintiff. If you receive a letter regarding these cases from Comcast DO NOT IGNORE IT.
Most people are worried and afraid when they receive one of these letters. There are a few things you should know before you read any further:
1. This is a manageable problem.
2. You have good options, and you can choose what happens next. The worst thing you can do is ignore it or wait to "see what happens".
3. Getting sued for copyright infringement of a single film is not going to ruin your life. It's just something you need to address and handle.
4. If you act sooner rather than later when you receive a letter from your internet provider, you can avoid having your name disclosed to the plaintiff and can avoid having your name made public in the case. Settlements can be reached anonymously.
5. Attorney Erin Russell has represented more than a thousand BitTorrent defendants in cases involving a single film being downloaded. Some of those cases were settled, and some were dismissed outright. Your case can be worked out without it affecting your credit or involving public records.
6. Everything will be ok!
Having said all of that, if you received a letter from Comcast or another internet provider regarding one of the "LHF" lawsuits, The Russell Firm can help. Attorney Erin Russell provides free telephone consultations seven days per week at 312-994-2424. She has 12 years of litigation experience, and is one of the most experienced BitTorrent defense attorneys in the country. If you receive a letter about one of these cases, it is best to act quickly. You can save yourself a great deal of stress and a great deal of money by acting sooner rather than later. Erin charges a reasonable flat fee for all BitTorrent defense cases nationwide, and offers discounts to students, senior citizens and members of the military. Call and get a free consultation right away. Erin will give you all of the information you need to make a decision about whether to settle or to litigate, and how best to use your resources to take care of your case.
The following cases were filed by LHF Productions, Inc. in Illinois in September of 2016:
LHF Productions, Inc. v. Does 1-31 -- 1:16-cv-09305
LHF Productions, Inc. v. Does 1-28 -- 1:16-cv-09307
LHF Productions, Inc. v. Does 1-32 -- 1:16-cv-09308
LHF Productions, Inc. v. Does 1-34 -- 1:16-cv-09309
LHF Productions, Inc. v. Does 1-35 -- 1:16-cv-09310
LHF Productions, Inc. v. Does 1-25 -- 1:16-cv-09312
LHF Productions, Inc. v. Does 1-34 -- 1:16-cv-09315
LHF Productions, Inc. v. Does 1-33 -- 1:16-cv-09316
LHF Productions, Inc. v. Does 1-18 -- 1:16-cv-09318
LHF Productions, Inc. v. Does 1-31 -- 1:16-cv-09320
LHF Productions, Inc. v. Does 1-32 -- 1:16-cv-09323
LHF Productions, Inc. v. Does 1-26 -- 1:16-cv-09324
LHF Productions, Inc. v. Does 1-27 -- 1:16-cv-09325
LHF Productions, Inc. v. Does 1-22 -- 1:16-cv-09313